The South Devon Players Theatre & Film Casting Agency
Talent terms of registration
Joining our agency
We do not have open books.
- In order to be accepted, you will need to have had previous experience performing in a named, speaking role in one of our productions, since 2013, which must evidence your desire and ability to perform to professional level. Anyone dismissed from a production, or who has caused disruption in a production, will not be able to sign with us.
- We have strict requirements of professional attitude on and off set. Failure to adhere to those standards will result in immediate dismissal from our books.
- We do not charge fees for your joining us, for your photos or showreel created with us, or for any expenses-only work that you may be offered and wish to take on. All we ask is that if you gain paid work through us, that a donation, of your own choice, is made to our running costs.
- You should never have to pay to audition for, or be cast in any role, other than your travel to a casting. If you are approached for a fee, please politely refuse, and leave, and let us know.
- You will need to be able to access email,or social media on a daily basis in order to keep up to date with any castings which you are offered.
- You must be able and willing to travel to castings and productions. Google maps, and the Traveline phone app, are very helpful for finding your way around.
- You may choose to be represented for any combination of paid, unpaid, and/ or expenses-only work, and for theatre, film, or modeling work. You are under no obligation to be represented for any of these sections that you do not wish to be. However, if you have stated that you are happy to be represented for unpaid or expenses only work, you are required to treat those castings with the same seriousness, as fully paid castings.
- Once you have agreed to accept a role, then by doing so you agree that you will attend the requisite rehearsals, performances, filming, etc, and that you will be personally held responsible for any losses or difficulties to the production caused by any wilful non-attendance, and absolve The South Devon Players of any responsibility in your decision.
- Some projects may ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which you agree not to publicly divulge photos, videos, scripts or other material from the production. These must be adhered to. Regardless of whether you have signed a non-disclosure agreement or not, unless the production company provides images or clips in public, or to you for your portfolio, please do not release any other images publicly.
- It is considered bad form to take photos on set, of costumes, props, locations. Please dont do this without explicit permission from the senior production team.
If you do not have previous experience in our productions, we cannot represent you.
Terms of service.
This service, unless approached for a casting which we have been told we can open to our wider membership, is strictly for the use of those signed to the agency.
- Please note that some performers may choose only to be represented for paid castings. This is stated on the information about each performer on the talent page.
- Any expenses-only work must cover the costs of travel, food, and accommodation, as well as photographs, and good quality footage of the performance.
- Any unpaid work must provide still photographs, and video on showreel, to the performer, within two months or a time agreed in writing.
People who are signed with us, must conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, being punctual, polite and easy to work with, and not bringing the Players, or themselves into disrepute.
Anyone who do not behave in a professional manner will be removed from the agency and will be personally liable for any apologies, or costs, incurred by their behavior. No leeway can be made.
If under 18, please make sure that you attend any project with someone of legal age who is able to act as your guardian or chaperone. We will not knowingly pass on any "iffy" opportunity, but obviously cannot guarantee that nothing will ever slip through the net.
You understand that the South Devon Players, while we do our best to ensure all opportunities are legitimate, are not responsible for any accidents or distress caused while participating in another company's project, and that the other company is fully responsible for your safety and wellbeing while you are working with them.
Unpaid projects may or may not involve you needing to arrange your own transport/food costs. Please check what expenses are covered, before committing, if this is an issue.
Please adhere to top standards of good practice at all times.
(This is non-negotiable).
- Being reliable and punctual - if something goes wrong or you will be late, you need to let the casting director know IMMEDIATELY.
- Being easy to work with, honest, polite, taking direction, and efficient.
- Having the attitude that you really want to be there, and want to be involved.
- Do not demand credits other than those offered.
- If you want to take photos, always ask first. Especially on commercials, product designs and feature films you may not be allowed to.
- You may be required to sign confidentiality clauses with the film / TV/ Theatre / Photography company. These must be adhered to.
- Drunkenness, or drug use (as well as abusive behaviour) are strictly forbidden on set.