The South Devon Players Theatre & Film Casting Agency
Information For Casting Directors
We have members, both male and female, who are not only fantastic dedicated actors, but are also skilled in music (guitar playing), modelling, stage combat - unarmed combat, swordplay etc, bellydance, drama teaching, burlesque, and much more.
Student, amateur and professional castings are welcome, however all must adhere to the details below.
Just a few things to note, please.
- Even if the role offered is not "paid", please make sure that you will cover the performers expenses if you take them on for a production. This means that if the project is outside the Torbay, South Devon area, please consider food, travel, costume, and B&B accommodation as relevant. Please confirm these terms when you contact us.
- Any expenses-only work must cover the costs of travel, food, and accommodation, as well as photographs, and good quality footage of the performance.
- Any unpaid work must provide still photographs, and video on showreel, to the performer, within two months or a time agreed in writing.
- Any casting for which an actor, or auditionee, is asked to pay money, for any purpose, will not be passed on.
- Please only contact us for filming/shows/ projects which have an exact confirmed date, time, and location, or that you are willing to discuss with us, and adhere to.
- Details of auditions are also welcome. Please state clearly whether you will be holding auditions or directly casting from photos or showreels.
- We will not pass on auditions or castings for "adult/ pornographic" or sexual-theme projects to our members.
- We will not pass on details of castings or opportunities which require applicants to pay a fee to become involved.
- We will not pass on details of projects which do not at least have general filming dates
- If you ask us to publicly advertise an opportunity, to people outside of the casting agency talent, we can take no responsibility for their conduct or level of skills.
All performers, are responsible for their own behavior and professionalism, however we will not knowingly represent any performer who has been unprofessional, or unreliable, on a production.
Any member recommended by us is known, by us, to be fully able to meet the required skills and attitude.
We can very often supply costumes for performers as well. These can include
medieval, pirate, Victorian, panto, fantasy, hippie, bellydance, etc. All costumes are professionally made and of high quality.
Submit your casting requirements
When you contact us with details of an audition or casting, please include the following information:
- Who you and your group/company are, and a website if possible.
- What payment, expenses, and/or portfolio materials are offered.
- Names of talent whom you are interested in (if applicable. If you do not include this, it will be opened to all our relevant team members)
- A few details about the roles you are casting, and whether the applicants will need to attend an audition, or if you are casting directly from photographs/ showreels etc.
- Exactly when and where performances / rehearsals will take place.
- If the actors need to bring any especial costume, props, or equipment.
What happens then:
Within 48 hours, the details will be checked, and passed on to the relevant members of the agency, who will be asked to respond to confirm.
We do reserve the right to ask for more information.
You can send additional casting breakdowns, posters, general casting calls to us at email@example.com