We would like to welcome Dawn on board as our new grant fundraiser (she will be specialising in grant applications). She has a professional history of grant fundraising for theatre and the wider arts, including some larger national companies.
Securing this kind of assistance means that while we will continue all our usual fundraising (ebay, Redbubble, the second-hand book shelf in Oats, etc), we have a better shot at getting really proper funding which will allow us to do things like (but not limited to)
- obtain up to date portable lighting, sound and projection equipment
- build our arts inclusion "theatre buddies" scheme easier
- raise Equity rate payments for our cast and crew at last (something we have wanted to achieve for years)
- fund the £20 per week for our rehearsal space, in a stable manner.
- transport our actors and crew easily to show bookings outside our home area of Torbay
- reach new venues further afield with our shows, from which we are precluded due to travel costs.
- provide specialist, knoweldgeable accessibility support to both creatives in our shows, and visiting audience members, with disabilities.
- develop our digital education packs that come with each show.
It has taken a long time to find someone with such a background, and experience. Having met Dawn today she seems absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to work with her to help bring the South Devon Players forward to this (in my opinion) long overdue step for our amazing team.