Open auditions : Sunday July 22nd 2018, 1pm
at Chestnut Community Centre
1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham,
Devon, TQ5 0SA
You can download and read the script from Project Gutenberg HERE
Please contact us to request the audition sides for specific characters.
As with many modern productions of Shakespeare’s texts, the drama is transplanted from medieval times. Our adaptation is set in a post- apocalyptic future, combining a post-apocalyptic style with steampunk styles to create a unique world in the future.
The text remains unchanged.
The play focuses on Macbeth, a Scottish general, and his wife, Lady Macbeth. In the beginning of the play, Macbeth is loyal to the Scottish king, Duncan. However, three witches prophesize he will be king; once he learns of that prophecy, his loyalty wanes.
A Scottish general named Macbeth receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders King Duncan and takes the Scottish throne for himself. He is then wracked with guilt and paranoia. Forced to commit more and more murders to protect himself from enmity and suspicion, he soon becomes a tyrannical ruler. The bloodbath and consequent civil war swiftly take Macbeth and Lady Macbeth into the realms of madness and death.
This show is perf0ormed using Shakespeares original text, and will be set in a post-apocalyptic steampunk world,
* Nb, we do require that the successful performers are based in the South Devon area, because of the logistics of attending rehearsals and performances.
Wednesdays 6.30pm - 9.30PM & Sundays 12.30pm - 4.30/5pm in Brixham, South Devon. Good attendance is required.
Fridays-Sundays (currently being booked) Mid June- Mid July, around South Devon at various venues. Photoshoot and location based video trailer to promote the theatre show taking place at the end of April, in Torbay. One of these will also be filmed as an entry to a theatre festival competition in New York, USA.
- Equal share of profits; that is ticket sales less venue hire, alongside the other cast and crew. The film, as a short, will be equal profit share from any festival prize money or any distribution. We do not have funding in order to manage more, sorry.
- Character and promo photographs
- Copies of any and all publicity featuring your character
- film footage from video trailer plus film footage of theatre production, and film footage from short film.
- Lots of free teas and coffees in rehearsals and shows
Rehearsal dates: Wednesday evenings 7pm - 9.30pm, Sundays 12.30pm - 5pm.
at Chestnut Community Centre, 1-3 Poplar Close, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 0SA, the same as the auditions. For this reason, priority will be given to performers who live in the South Devon region. Please note that you will be expected to attend regular rehearsals.