First of all, we hope you're all keeping well and safe!
So, behind the scenes we have been battling away, looking at new ways of develoing our work.
1) The VE day film shot just before lockdown, is into post-production with a lovely contact of ours in Ohio, USA, and will be released in the early summer, although the VE Day commemoration events are, of course, cancelled.
2) We hope to have the first of the children's audio-books available online by the end of the week. This is a project where our actors collaborate with Southwest authors, on producing readings of thier books. The first book will be a wonderful short childrens story by our very own Alicja Bagier.
3) We are currently setting the dates and planning for online readings of both A Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth, which will go ahead at the end of May/ Beginning of June, subject to peoples availibility and equipment.
4) The open auditions in July for Jack The Ripper will take place, using online media if lockdown is still in place or people still need to self-isolate; so that date is unchanged, though the format of the auditions will be adjusted to the needs of the times.
5) We are in the process of moving the show dates for A Midsummer Night's Dream to late August/ Early September,. Obviously venues are struggling as much as we are to try to second guess when times will be better, so it is taking a while to get things all worked out. The Jack the Ripper dates seem to all be fine at this point.
6) Although funding streams of course are also hugely affected by the Covid-19 outbreak, we are still working hard behind the scenes on trying to locate funding streams which will be able to lead to our actors and crew gaining full wages for prductions, as an upgrade from the current profit-share situation.
As always, we are online every day, so if you have any questions, etc, please get in touch!